State Tourism Satellite Account 2020–21
The State Tourism Satellite Account (STSA) 2020–21 highlights the importance of tourism to each state and territory economy.
COVID-19 caused severe disruptions to tourism in the last quarter of 2019-20 and through all of 2020-21. This 2020-21 edition of the STSA is the first to:
- capture the full 12 month impacts of COVID-19 on the visitor economy
- describe where the largest impacts occurred.
Key data includes:
- Gross State Product (GSP)
Sources for the STSA are:
We extend the work of the ABS by:
- examining state and territory tourism performance
- estimating the indirect economic and workforce impacts of tourism.
The detailed statistical tables that accompany this report also include:
- tourism Gross Value Added (GVA)
- tourism output
- data for different industries within the visitor economy.
Read about the terminology we use and how we apply the data in the Methodology.